Monday, May 25, 2009

A chat with a Jehovah Witness

I was at a bus stop today waiting for bus with one of my friend. Suddenly, there is this lady giving us a brochure of Christianity. Afterwhich, she started to share about God and the Bible. As I read through the brochure, I found out that she is a Jehovah Witness.

Yea, she did pointed out a few points that I really agree with. That is the truthfulness of the Bible. She said that the Bible that we believe in is true because of the internal harmony in the Bible. Since the 66 books in the Bible was written by about 40 authors, there is no conflict in the statements made because it is written because the Creator has inspired the writers to write. In addition, there are a few proofs that was written long time ago that is proven by science today. She gave the example that the earth is round which is written in Job and Isaiah.

She, as a Jehovah Witness has find every chance to share her thought about Christianity, but why that we rarely see Christians share the gospel to their friends? Fellow brothers and sisters, do not be hesistate to share the gospel to people around you. I do feel ashamed today, and I want to learn the courage from her to share the word to my friends. Do not be ashamed of the gospel, as it is stated in Matthew 10:32-33 that "If you tell others that you belong to me, I will tell my Father in heaven that you are my followers. But if you reject me, I will tell my Father in heaven that you don't belong to me. "

No comments:

Post a Comment