Saturday, May 23, 2009

At the point of death.

Have you ever have a family member that is really sick and at the point of death? My grandmother has been admited to hospital and had a total kidney failure. She could hardly breathe and now she has to undergo dialysis to clear up the toxic in her body.

Well, I did question God. Why did He allows these things to happen? Well, I think the reason behind is fairly simple. God wants His glory to be shown through all these hardships that He put in our lives. He wants to train us to be strong and courages at these points of time, to depend on Him for His plans and purpose in our lives.

Psalms 23 says:

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not lack.
He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.
He refreshes and restores my life; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord shall be my dwelling place.

God has been really gracious to me. He has placed people around me to encourage and support me whenever I face troubles. God has also shown His power and glory through the salvation of my dad (when my grandmother was admited to hospital last year). 

We should thank God for these that He allows to happen and really look upon Him for strength to pull you through as He has promised that He will be with us and lead us. God will not place something greater for us to bear. These troubles or trials are there to sharpen you to be a useful tool for the Lord. Let us continue to seek His will in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. God is wonderful, just as He has placed people in your life to bless you so He has placed you in the lives of the people you meet so that they too, will be blessed. :) Continue to shine for Him!

    ReplyDelete