Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Drastic change

Have you ever had a good thing and a bad thing happened together on the same day?

Today (9th Jun 2009) is the day where I submit my final report which I have been working on for the whole semester. Well, it supposed to be a great news for me, as finally I can get settle down and start doing revision for the final exam which will be coming in two weeks time. But today, also is the day my beloved grandmother gone back to be with the Lord. At first, I was calling my mom wanting to tell her that the flights nowadays are really cheap! But in turn, she told me that "Your grandmother has passed away this morning in the hospital." Well, although I have prepared for this when I was informed that last time she was admitted to Intensive Care Unit of the hospital. But I didn't know that the day has came so fast. What can I do? I can't go back to Malaysia as my exam is so near, but just to call home and comfort them.

As I reflect back the days that I have spent with my grandmother, she was the one that taught me Thai language, that celebrate my birthdays with me, we went jogging together in the mornings and picked up snails together because i love snails, and she is the one I turn to when I was sad and moody. But now, she has left me FOREVER... My tears started to roll down my eyes now... These scenes are going to be in my memories forever... It will no longer be real in my life. I imagined that she was lying on the bed of the Intensive Care Unit, crying and mourning of the pains that she was suffering, well, now might be the time that she be relieved from the pains and sufferings that she has been dealing with for the past month.

Well, this day has changed so drastically. The minute before, I was still happy and enjoying my time going online and chatting with friends, the next minute I am drown into the emo mood. This change has been so drastic, and I still cannot make up my mind of what to do yet.

This reminded me of a verse that in Matthew 24:44 "So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." This drastic change has reminded me to get ready always, as God will come back at the hour that you do not expect Him, like what happened to my grandmother earlier on.

I just hope that this post will make us all realised that we should honour our parents always as the day will come when we do not realise it, then it will be too late to show our care to them.

Just hope that my family can get over this feeling as soon as possible, as we know that she is with our Father in Heaven now.

Rest in peace, grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment