Monday, January 4, 2010

Reflections

The old 2009 has passed and the new 2010 is here!

Well, I was looking back and reflecting on the things that happened in 2009 and I found that God has been really gracious to me and has taught me some things that sometimes I've overlooked.

In 2009, I have met 2 really good brother in Christ and have taught me many principles of life. The first is someone that I really respect, despite of his young age, he is really mature in his thinking. He's always there to listen to my struggles and been someone that has encouraged me throughout 2009. The later is someone that I've met in a christian fellowship camp at the beginning of December 2009. I did not get to know him well till the last 2 days of the camp. We had spent the last night in fact, sharing of our life stories and praying for each other. He's someone that I really look up to, a godly man and very passionate for God! I'm really thank God for the opportunity to meet these 2 brothers which certainly has brought about impact in my life.

Besides, I've re-visited some of the basics of christianity, which I have overlooked over the past years. Lessons like humility and christian faith has been greatly pressed upon my heart through sharings and daily devotions with some of my friends in Adelaide.

Thirdly, I do thank God for the chances He has gave me to serve Him in worship ministry this year. Serving has always reminded me of Christ, how He has humbled Himself, took the sins of the world and be an atonement of sins for us.

Thank God for the christian fellowship that I attend, if not because of the bible studies, sharings, and the environment, I wouldn't have been who I am today.

Thank God for the camp that I had in December which has really opened my eyes towards the bigger picture of the Last Day where a great multitude standing in front of the throne of God, praising and glorifying Him! The theme for the camp was "Restoring Vision, Renewing Hope", I was greatly inspired by God through the messages and empowered to do greater things this year!

Thus has my 2009 been, now it's time to look forward for more challenging things from Him! And I'm reminded that I'm not alone on this journey, at least, I do have my brothers and sisters in christ writing this life together with me! I pray that this year will be a year that I can even grow much more spiritually and being able to share christ with more people around me!

Till then,
David.


No comments:

Post a Comment